My First Job Story (From 2005 to 2009)
Vidushi Infotech was formed in 2003 in Pune an emerging IT center of India by a group of talented individuals with a vision to dedicating their knowledge and expertise to help create a world that is enhanced through Information Technology.
How did we do web development there?
From the scratch, we used to take client approved PSD from our designer team; cropped it in pieces using Photoshop or image ready to convert it into optimized hand coded HTML and CSS layout.
Initially we created table base layout where we came across lots of issues related to web page rendering across multiple browsers; after few months we found better approach using div based layouts.
In those days browser compatibility was the biggest issue, as new IE versions were launched in the market, it was literally painful phase for web development community to solve browser related issues. For most of the projects we tried to follow W3C standards as best practices and cross verify each HTML page via W3C validator.
As the business of our organization grew, clients became more demanding, each client would demand for simple and user friendly CMS tools which will help them to manage the web content.
Even though there were so many open source PHP based CMS products available in the market, none of them would fit clients need of simplicity. By considering all basic requirements I took the initiative to develop CMS product for customers who could use it without any technical education about the product.
Apart from the office time, I utilized my extra time to make that CMS and released it in market on behalf of my organization, and to our surprise it became very popular among lots of international clients, they started to purchase it.
And that was the turning point of my career. I got appreciation from superiors and clients, which lead me to new roles and responsibilities. I got promoted from Trainee Software Engineer to Sr. Software Engineer and after couple of months later; I became a “Team Lead”.
It was really a memorable experience, where I enjoyed working with team, and solving client issues by discussing with them live, I used to do marketing of CMS product with our marketing team, I was involved with our design team to suggest them the best UX approaches and good UX designs, which helped to deliver quality product and made our client happy.
With the help of our CMS product named “Blaze” & BlazeNv, BlazeNv is simple CMS product with only few basic functionality and Blaze is Advanced dynamic CMS product.
I developed so many CMS and E commerce projects at vidushiInfotech SSP Pvt Ltd below are the few sample projects we worked on using our product, out of which few projects are fully customized.
- http://www.alrashed.travel/……and more
Refer below Screenshot of my projects
Role and Responsibilities:
- Leading Team of 5+ Engineers.
- Code Review, and Code Revamp of old code.
- Developing new and customized CMS and E commerce products for clients according to their need.
- Client Communication, Promoting and educating the new CMS products to clients.
- Taking interviews, training to new joining in team, conducting knowledge sharing sessions.
Challenges I Faced:
- Layout integration with product code , by applying W3c Standards and Solving Cross browser capability related Issues.
- Providing Multi-languages support to CMS products specially for eCommerce web sites.
- Dealing with multiple Client calls.
- Multiple project delivery within short time.
- Making new customized product according to the client requirement.
Awards & Achievements
Best Team Award,